Monday, July 6, 2009

A New Discovery For 2009

I've found your electro-pop summer soundtrack. The self-titled debut LP (called, um, LP) from Discovery-- aka Vampire Weekend's keyboardist/producer Rostam Batmanglij and Ra Ra Riot singer Wes Miles is due for release on July 7, 2009 . Check out "Orange Shirt" and "Osaka Loop Line" currently featured on their MySpace-->> http://www.myspace.com/discoverdiscovery

The album features vocal contributions from Vampire Weekend's Ezra Koenig and Dirty Projectors' Angel Deradoorian-- along with an AutoTuned cover of the Jackson 5's "I Want You Back". The LP also has a space-pop remix of Ra Ra Riot's "Can You Tell" but re-dubbed as "Can You Discover?". According to sources the track "So Insane" is indeed loyal to its title in a Paula Abdul-meets-"Umbrella"-meets-Dexy's-meets-"The Electric Slide" kinda way. So far "Orange" and "Osaka Loop Line" sound pretty good to me. Tell me what you guys think.


No comments:

Post a Comment

My Headlines