Friday, June 26, 2009

Ludacris Conjures A New Project

Chris "Ludacris" Bridges has launched a new cognac called Cojnure,and is banking on his success on the record charts to shoot this latest project to the top. Since his fan base spreads across America, Asia, Europe and Africa this is exactly the market Kim Hartmann, owner of Birkedal Hartmann cognac, hopes to capture with Conjure, custom blend for the hip, urban market.

This is not Ludacris' first entrepeneurial venture. He also owns a successful local restaurant Straits in Atlanta. Sensitive to the number of celebrities who slap their name on everything from spatulas to umbrellas, both Hartmann and Ludacris were adamant that this would not be a product endorsement. "It's not just me attaching my name to it," said Bridges. "Whenever I involve myself in a business, I submerge myself in it."

So it is no surprise that Ludacris' favorite drink is Cognac and Coke. The Conjure project signals Hartmann's daring attempt to take a relatively small, high-end cognac house global. He's prepared to ship as much Conjure cognac as the hipsters are prepared to buy at $US34.99 per bottle. It will reach the shelves of America in September.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Headlines